Oct 12 2010
Loyalists vs. Colonists
You’ve been studying about the loyalists and colonists. Please browse thr0ugh and read the primary source transcripts below and respond to the following questions.
Answer the following questions,
1. Explain how easy or difficult it was for Stephen Jarvis to become a loyalist. What evidence is there to support your thoughts.
2. Can you sympathize with Stephen Jarvis on being a loyalist? Is there any arguments that lead you to believe that being a loyalist was ‘not that bad’?
3. After reading the account of George Hewes, would you consider what the colonists did an act of terrorism? Give evidence from the reading to support your answer.
4. After reading both primary sources, what can you conclude about the mindset of each type of person. Did either have a valid point? Does one side provide a better argument?
5. What kind of insight do you receive from reading primary sources such as the ones above?
Please make sure your answers are written in complete sentences. You do not have to respond to another student’s post for this activity. Please answer the questions by referencing the numbers.